RECAP OF JOSE'S VIEWS

RECAP OF JOSE'S VIEWS
Scroll down to read the thoughts of Jose Mourinho ahead of Saturday's early kick-off at Swansea City.
RAISING THE BAR
"When I won two consecutive titles with Chelsea, the United manager [Sir Alex] said we brought the bar to a certain level," recalled Jose. "And that they had to improve a lot to try to win the trophy back. I think this happens every season. Somebody wins and the others are not happy. They don't accept it with their hands in their pockets and the others improve to try to be better."
BOSS COOL ON TRANSFER SITUATION
Jose is willing to wait for a fourth signing, if necessary, as there is no pressure to make another acquisition. “Unless something happens that puts us in the market again,” he said. “Obviously, my plans were four but I also told them to be cool, there is no pressure from me, do what you think is best for the club. We will be together again for another window in January and one next summer. I am happy with the squad we have. I’m ready to go without a fourth signing."
FEET ON THE GROUND
Nobody is getting carried away after the opening victory against West Ham last weekend. “It’s just the beginning,” said the boss. “Last season, we started with three matches and nine points and we finished sixth. So it’s not because of a very good first day that I’m going to lose my stability and my discipline and let the players think differently from myself.”
JOSE HAPPY WITH THIS SQUAD
The boss on his squad: “My club did phenomenally well. I had four targets and got three and we signed all of them before the first match of the season. So my club did great work for me. We are in stable situation.”
FACING CLEMENT'S SWANS
Mourinho on his former colleague at Chelsea, Paul Clement, the current Swansea manager. “He saved the team. The team was in a difficult moment and they stayed in the Premier League. They did well to do that. One point away against a good team like Southampton is a very positive result for them so I am waiting for a difficult match.”
DUO SET FOR RETURN
The boss delivered some great news to MUTV - he expects Luke Shaw and Ashley Young to play for the Under-23s in the Premier League 2 match against Swansea City on Monday (19:00 BST kick-off), live on the official channel.


Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url