FOSU-MENSAH CONCENTRATING ON LEARNING

FOOTBALL NEWS


31/07/2017 14:46, Report by Adam Marshall

FOSU-MENSAH CONCENTRATING ON LEARNING

Tim Fosu-Mensah is delighted with how his pre-season campaign has panned out but refuses to accept he is closer to a regular first-team place at Manchester United.
The versatile Dutchman helped the Reds earn a 3-0 victory against Valerenga, in the latest match of Tour 2017 presented by Aon, after coming on at the break as manager Jose Mourinho tested his squad. 
As he appeared as a right-sided wing-back in Oslo, it has been suggested he could become Antonio Valencia's deputy in 2017/18. However, the 19-year-old stressed he is certainly not aware if this is yet the case. "I don't know," he told reporters. "I’m just trying to develop my game. I’m young and still have a lot to learn, but I’m learning every day. 
"I’m working with one of the best managers in the world, it’s something I’m grateful for and, as I say, I’m learning every day."
Fosu-Mensah is already eagerly anticipating next week's UEFA Super Cup tie against Real Madrid, with one more friendly to come beforehand, in Dublin, with Sampdoria providing the opposition on Wednesday night.
"I’m really happy," he added. "Everyone got their minutes tonight, so I think the whole team is building up to fitness and it’s going really well. We’ve won a few games and we’re working towards the game against Real Madrid next week.
"I think we’re stronger than we were last season. We’re working on a couple of points and we’ve had a couple of great additions to the squad in Romelu [Lukaku] and Victor [Lindelof]. I think we’re stronger.
"That’s what we’re going for [the Premier League title]. We’re Manchester United, so of course that’s what we are going for."
Next Post Previous Post
No Comment
Add Comment
comment url